TUNA TOMATO PASTA BAKE
In the spirit of the ‘Work’ issue, we know how hard it is to find time to cook between balancing a part-time job, full-time study, exercise, internships, sports and a social life. It’s exhausting just typing this. So here’s a cheap and easy meal prep option to get you through the week!
- 700g spiral pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely cubed
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or 2 crushed cloves)
- 4 cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 2 drained cans of tuna
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven (we shouldn’t have to tell you to do this by now, c’mon).
- Cook your pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cookin’, heat the oil in a frying pan; fry the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in canned tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the drained pasta, sundried tomato and tuna to the tomato sauce and stir to combine well. Spoon into a large baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 15 minutes (or until cheese is melted and bubbling).
- This shit should last you 4-5 days so separate into Tupperwares and freeze. Now get back to work.