This dish is best served at a boujee girls’ brunch where everyone is passively aggressively trying to outdo each other. This is also the perfect morning after dish to compensate for your embarrassing performance with the girl you pulled from The Daily last night.
You will need:
For the pancakes:
1 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup of coconut milk
2 tbsp nut butter
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 grated carrots
For the caramel:
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup coconut cream
Pinch of salt
- Sift together your dry ingredients before whisking in that sweet, sweet coconut milk and nut butter.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and maple syrup, then fold the grated carrot in.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan to a medium heat and lube it up with some coconut oil.
- Ladle as much batter as you like into the pan and cook each pancake on one side until bubbles appear. Flip ‘em and cook until nicely golden.
- For the caramel, blend all the ingredients together.
- Warm in a pot before drizzling over your hot, pillowy pancakes you gluttonous animal.
- Pairs nicely with a desperate reassurance to your date that you “usually last longer”.