Vegan chocolate chip cookies
We’re going vegan this week, but in a sweet, chocolatey way that won’t have you shitting undigested seed husks or dreaming about cow pus.
for 10 servings
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (oat, soy, almond)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 fuck ton vegan dark chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil until combined.
- Whisk in non-dairy milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks evenly.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Plop the dough onto a baking paper lined oven tray. Be sure to leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies and the edges of the pan so cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown.
- Cool completely, or burn the roof of your mouth with molten chocolate.
- Binge and feel good about not fucking up the planet!